Sent: Tue 01 March 2016 17:13
To: SQLite mailing list
Subject: Re: [sqlite] How to check if connection to main database is still open
or closed before new query ?

Let me explain it better cause i got confused and i am a  newbie also.

I open a connection like this

sqlite3 *ppDB;
int dbcon;
 dbcon = sqlite3_open(databasename, &ppDB);
/// i do my code i query the database i do some stuff and i close the database
like this
dbcon = sqlite3_close(ppDB);

I want to check after a while if the connection is allready closed or not for
the simple reason not to reopen the database but if is open to run a query or
if it is closed
to reopen the database and then run the query.

so i think the dbcon is the one i have to check not the ppDB :/

it works now maby i didnt understand what ppDB you were reffering to

if(dbcon){
//is open
}else{
//is closed
}

:) thanks though it is tested and runs ok