On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf at dessus.com> wrote:

> Do you mean something like this, perchance?  This sets .mode insert
> <tablename> then does a select ..., which outputs the selected data in the
> form of INSERT statements into a table called <tablename>.  The .mode list
> just allows other commands to be added to the file ...

I already considered the .mode insert, the problem is that while all
databases have the same table columns not all have the same column
order (some columns have been added to existing databases and some
databases where created with new schemas), so having INSERTs without
the column list is not suitable.

Another problem I'm facing is foreign keys from other tables, and
therefore I'm looking at a script that, via table_info, extracts the
column list and builds SQL to export and reimport data.
But it is a lot of work to just drop a constraint, that's why I'm
searching for smarter ways.

Luca