On 5/10/16, Andrey Gorbachev <andreygorbachev at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Microsoft Excel allows custom "Addins", which are all run in the same
> process space. We use Bloomberg Excel Addin, which uses SQLite 3.7.x and we
> have no control over what version of SQLite they use. We have our own Addin
> which uses SQLite 3.11.x and we do not want to use the same version as
> Bloomberg. Both Addins have their own separate databases and do not share
> any database connections or anything like that.
>
> I am a bit worried that the initialisation of 2 different versions of SQLite
> would interfere with one another. Any advice?

In unix, SQLite has to use global variables to work around the
well-known design bugs in posix advisory locks.  And so if you have
two different instances of SQLite running on unix, they will use
different global variables, causing them to break each others locks
and you will get database corruption.

But as far as I know, that is not a problem on Windows.

On the other hand, this is not something that we have ever tested.

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org