On 2 Jul 2016, at 5:42pm, Christian Schmitz
<realbasicli...@monkeybreadsoftware.de> wrote:

> could I make the feature request to have a prebuilt libraries on the website
> for Mac, Windows and Linux in 32/64bit with most extensions?
> including ICU and FTS5 and a few other useful extensions.

It's not usual to access SQLite as a library on any development environment
where you can compile it into your program.  The recommended way to use the
SQLite API is to include the amalgamation sqlite3.c and sqlite.h in your
project.  You can compile them with whatever options and extensions suit that
program.

This means that you never have to worry about library dependencies in your
program.  Nor do you have to worry that someone will update their copy of a
library on their computer and break some feature of your program which depends
on old behaviour.  Your desired version of SQLite is right there in your
program and nobody can change it except for you.

I'm not familiar with developing for Linux but Xcode for the Mac can compile
sqlite3 into projects in any language it can compile for, and you can call the
API from any of those languages.

The exceptions to this recommendation are .NET (C#) and Android's Eclipse
(Java) environment, both of which make it difficult to handle C calls.  So
libraries are available for both of those.

Simon.