On 7/5/16, David Lederkremer <david...@cadence.com> wrote:
> I am trying to work with DBs and I find Python very convenient to do so, but
> I could only open databases that are not encrypted/compressed. My company
> has CEROD and some of the DBs were made using the CEROD extension.
> Is there any way I can connect to such DBs and work with them using Python?
>
> This is how I connect and read/manipulate regular DBs:

You need to swap out the SQLite DLL or shared library that python is
using for an alternative DLL/shared library that is CEROD-enabled.
(Or, maybe python statically links SQLite - in which case you'll need
to recompile python and link it against CEROD-enabled SQLite instead
of public-domain SQLite.)

After doing that, change the filename to include the
":cerod:PASSWORD:" prefix and it should just work.

> "
> import sqlite3
>
> conn = sqlite3.connect('example.db')
>
> cursor = conn.cursor()