On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Dobrean, Adrian <adrian.dobr...@emc.com> wrote:
> I am not getting any error, i.e. sqlite3_exec returns 0 and zErrMsg is NULL.

If you define your custom vfs, make sure to check what your
xFileControl method (in the sqlite3_io_methods structure) does when
called with SQLITE_FCNTL_PRAGMA as its second argument.  This vfs
method can override pragmas that should normally be handled by the
sqlite3 core, not the vfs.  See
https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_fcntl_busyhandler.html#sqlitefcntlpragma
for documentation.

-- Ambrus