Wild guess: Could there possibly be a difference in where the different
implementations
of Android look for SQLite files? If you are using a default directory and
the default directory
is different on different machines; then Android might not be looking in
the correct directory to find your files; resulting in a "file not found"
error.  Also consider file permission issues.

You might find these StackOverflow discussions useful:

December 15, 2010
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4452538/location-of-sqlite-database-on-the-device

March 10, 2013
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15326455/what-is-the-default-database-location-of-an-android-app-for-an-unrooted-device