On 15 Sep 2016, at 11:38pm, Martin Raiber <mar...@urbackup.org> wrote:

> There are two instances in the program where the sqlite database file is
> opened
> and closed outside of sqlite3 (to backup the database file and to sync
> it before
> checkpointing). This clears away the posix locks on the database files.
> This does
> not cause problems unless another process accesses the database file.
> For instance
> it deletes the wal file while it is still in use.

Do you mean that the process makes an SQLite call which deletes the WAL file,
or that it deletes the WAL file using a file-handling call ?

It should be impossible for a SQLite call to delete a WAL file while it's in
use.  The only times I've seen this done are when a SQLite database was open by
two different computers, one accessing it on a local disk and the other
accessing it across a network using a SMB share.  This, naturally, messes up
multi-access filehandling.

Simon.