If by explicitly, you mean starting my own transactions, then I guess I'll
be doing it as you are.  I do not even want to think about savepoints and
figuring out what has to be re-done.  My transactions, while numerous, will
be pretty simple and mostly quite quick, so there's not much advantage to
redoing over just delaying.  Besides, I'm not sure I know how to detect a
conflict that would has caused or should cause a rollback.