El 15/10/16 a les 20:53, Jens Alfke ha escrit:

[*] I have to insert records in the given order but the user may occasionally
rearrange them.

What happens if the user makes a series of rearrangements that triggers a
collision? It’s not that far fetched; all I have to do is, one at a time, drag
ten records to right after one particular record. This is the kind of thing a
good [read: malicious] tester will quickly figure out :)

I show a message "sorry, not enough internal space to complete the operation", but in around 10 years of several of these systems working 24x7 it never happened.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007