> On Oct 17, 2016, at 2:12 AM, Quan Yong Zhai <q...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> Or after prepare “ INSERT INTO test VALUES(?) “
>   Bind_text      “62.027393”
>   Bind_double  62.027393
>
> In all the four situation,  the  value insert into foo field  is binary
> identical, it’s a 8-bytes REAL value.

I suspect the OP generated that number through computation, and it’s not
exactly equal to a double parsed from the string “62.027393”. In other words,
the OP ended up with a number n, such that
        string(n) = “62.027393”  (using some particular format like “%.6f”)
but
        n != parse(“62.027393”)

The original code must be doing Bind_double(n); whereas in your code the parser
had to read the string “62.027393” at parse time and generate a double from it,
which is not equal to n.

—Jens