Hm, that's an interesting case that I don't quite follow.  But you could
definitely use Bedrock on 2 nodes, and Bedrock would handle realtime
replication from one to the other.  This would provide an instant offsite
backup.  Granted, if there were only 2 nodes, you couldn't take one
offline, as the other one wouldn't have quorum.  If your goal is to not
just have a backup, but also copy that backup to tape, I actually recommend
a 3 node deployment.  This way you can take one node offline and the
remaining two still have quorum.

Now, another crazy idea would be to have a 2 node cluster, where one of the
nodes is a "permaslave".  Permaslaves don't participate in quorum, so
taking it offline wouldn't affect the master -- which would go forward
exactly as if it were alone (because from a quorum perspective, it is, and
thus it always represents its own quorum).  This *might* "just work" out of
the box, I haven't tried it.  But it's an interesting case!

-david