borivoj wrote:
Hello everybody,

I would like to know is there anybody other willing to share experiences in TWS - all-in-one web server, tcl and sqlite combination provided by Richard on

http://www.hwaci.com/sw/tws

Since I am mostly on windows I've managed to find windows version of TWS, tested it and it looks very promising , at least for a small intranet server.

what worries me is that it looks rather old: "TWS was released as beta on Feb 17, 2001." and that there is no mention in the sqlite groups since the beginning. (on yahoo groups). I found hard to believe that nobody else noticed TWS. Why?

TWS never picked up much mindshare - everybody wanted to used LAMP. Even those who were not enamored with LAMP were only interested in algol-derived languages, not more powerful lisp-family languages like Tcl which TWS uses, so nobody paid TWS much mind. I, therefore, didn't maintain the website.

But rest assured, TWS continues to be used.  I continue
to use the original TWS internally.  Decendents of TWS
have found their way into commercial products I've done
for customers.  Those products are currently in active
use around the world.

If enough people bug me about it, I'll go in and update
the public code base for TWS with some more recent
enhancements and bug fixes.

Note: CVSTrac was originally a bunch of TWS scripts. Only
later did rewrite CVSTrac in C so that it would work with
apache.

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565