Ops... I forget that replying to a message sent to sqlite-users goes only
to the originator and not to the group.

Anyway, I looked through sqlite.org but couldn't find how to properly open
an sqlite database in read-only mode.  If any knows how to do so
(preferably in TCL binding), please let me know.

-Shamil

                      "Darren Duncan"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      can.net>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [sqlite] Read/Write
permission
                      06/09/2004 03:41

                      PM

At 3:35 PM -0400 6/9/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I'm working on a TCL binding of SQLite database, which is sitting
somewhere
>in a shared folder at my company.  Few would write to it, but many others
>will read from it.  Therefore, in order to protect that database (and
other
>files in the same location) from accidents, the few that will write to it
>have "read/write" permission to that folder, and all others have just
>"read" permission.  I quickly discovered that those with only "read"
>permission to that folder cannot access the SQLite database to be able to
>read from it!  Is this the expect behavior?

SQLite is probably trying to open the database in read/write mode by
default, which wouldn't work if the folder is read-only.  I think you
need to change your call to 'open' so that it explicitely says to do
it read-only. -- Darren Duncan

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than
the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of , or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer