On Jul 24, 2004, at 1:32 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

sqlite> select count(*) from newsgroups where name = 'rec.arts.anime.fandom';
0
sqlite> select count(*) from newsgroups where name like 'rec.arts.anime.fandom';
1

Figured it out: I was using sqlite3_bind_blob(), but if I change to sqlite3_bind_text() it works right.

So I'm guessing that a string on the command line is a text value and can never be strictly equal to a blob value (even if they're byte-for-byte the same), but LIKE coerces the blob into text?

-D