Brass Tilde wrote:

select ID,
(select SERVER_ID from A where A.ID=B.GROUP_ID) as GROUP_ID

from B [...]

It mentions, among others:
Variable subqueries
Subqueries must be static. They are evaluated only once. They
may not, therefore, refer to variables in the main query.

I'm not the original poster.. but I'm trying to come up to speed on
SQL/sqlite and I'm having some trouble understanding this... What is an
example of a static subquery?

The above is an example of a static sub-query. It's a query within a query.

Hmm.. thanks but I'm still confused... isn't the above an example of a non-static query that used variables from the main query?

-Alan