Hi!

I am very new to sqlite. I am having problem creating a trigger. Here is the
statement: -

sqlite> CREATE TRIGGER dat.on_master_insert INSERT ON dat.master_table FOR EACH
ROW BEGIN INSERT INTO dat.url_stats(new.file_name, '0', '0', '1'); END;
SQL error: near ".": syntax error

The problem is near new.file_name, as when I access the database through a C++
program while using master_table instead of dat.master_table, same error is
emitted.

What the statement intends to do is to insrt a record in url_stats table
whenever a new row is added to master_table.

I am using sqlite 3.0.8.

Thanks in advance

Yogesh M
Chandigarh, India