Hi,

SlackRat wrote:

I seem to be having some trouble linking a small test programme as included
below.

I am totally new to Windows and am sure that I have missed something elementary.

I obtained sqlite and have installed:
windows98(2)
dev-c++ 4.9.9.2 (latest modified version)
sqlite-3.1.3.zip
sqlitedll-3.1.3.zip
sqlite-source.zip

This sounds like more of a problem with configuring dev-c++ than with SQLite. Perhaps you would be better served on a dev-c++ forum.

The sqlite3.h that I am using I took directly from the sqlite-source package

The programme compiles fine but the linker advises:

" cannot find -lobjc " and ld exits with status 1

This means that the linker is configured (somewhere, in some dialog box) to use Objective C (is my guess), where you really want to use plain C. Perhaps you mistakenly selected Objective C as your default language when you created the project. I don't know -- as I said, this sounds more like a configuration problem with dev-c++ than a problem with SQLite.

Go hunt for references to libobjc, -lobjc, and Objective C in the configuration dialogs. And make sure that all paths in any path-configuration dialog box are set correctly.

I have a copy of libobjc.a in cygwin/lib/mingw and copied it to c:/dev-cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2 as lobjc.a
but this is not working

Unless your Cygwin version of libobjc.a is exactly the same as the one that comes with dev-c++, I suspect this may not be a good idea.

Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling dev-c++.

HTH

Ulrik Petersen

--
Ulrik Petersen, MA, B.Sc.