How about storing the 64 bit integers as binaries
and write user functions (using sqlite3_create_function ) to do the computation and comparison?

William Hachfeld wrote:

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 01:52:53PM -0800, Ted Unangst wrote:

Store the length of the region, instead of the end. Or is that impossible?
I'm not sure what physical property (begin + end) could refer to.

Sorry Ted, the example I gave was misleading. It was meant purely as an illustration. The actual test I'm doing is something like:

   WHERE ?1 >= (base + begin) AND ?1 < (base + end)

where ?1, base, begin, and end are all 64-bit addresses. In some places I could
store the length of the region rather than "end", but I'd still have to do the
computation on "begin" using 64-bit quantities.