From: Bill Bumgarner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 7:06 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] SQLite on Tiger.

So, now the cat is out of the bag, so to speak.

Tiger ships with SQLite 3.1.3 + a couple of tweaks.   Specifically,
the SQLite3 on Tiger supports locking on network filesystems, including
AFP and Samba.

Tiger uses SQLite3 in a number of roles.  It is a backing store to Core
Data -- the new object persistence & object graph management solution in
Tiger -- and is also used by a number of applications on the system to
provide better searching/indexing capabilities and as a primary data
store.

Personally,  I would like to extend a very hearty thank you to Richard
and all SQLite contributors.  Working with SQLite has been a joy and
Tiger benefits greatly from the addition of this wonderful tool!

b.bum