Hi Lloyd,

i am not sure, but i checked the documentation and i don't think it ist sound. In your Update, the ROWID semms to refer to ingredients.rowid. However, you want to set properties.rowid. Can it be that it works, because Properties and Ingredients happen to have the same number of rows?

Martin

Lloyd Dupont schrieb:

thanks Martin it worked!
although I replaced your (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM Properties)  by ROWID.
is it sound?

like that:
CREATE TRIGGER create_ingredient_property AFTER INSERT ON Ingredients
BEGIN
   INSERT INTO Properties (price) VALUES (NULL);
   UPDATE Ingredients
       SET property_ID = ROWID
       WHERE ID=OLD.ID;
END;

-- price doesn't matter. I set it up much later.. (whenever the user want, in fact), but I want my property line created and correctly linked!