> Computer _Science_ is just that: Science. It's not opinion.

What they taught me at university was the current collection of "best
practices" for solving problems. "Here's a common problem, here are
the known good algorithms for solving it. Here are the techniques we
use for creating 'good' programs. You are now educated". They didn't
teach us the scientific method for solving problems.

The theory has been proposed that threads aren't better than separate
processes, or application implemented context switching. Does anyone
have an experiment that will prove the point either way? It will have
to be OS specific though, since I'm sure not all thread
implementations are equal.