On 9/14/05, Rajan, Vivek K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am wondering if there techniques/tricks which can improve the total
> insertion speed of my application. Any suggestions/feedback?

Remove indexes from the tables you're inserting into.

If you need that data for queries later you can create a 'data warehouse' .
You later copy the data you've collected to separate tables, index it as
necessary,
then you can do your queries/reporting against that table. Doesn't work for
everyone,
but it's sometimes very useful when up to the second data isn't required.

---
The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of
Asheron's Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264