> You gave no details.
>
> Did you open the database first?

All right, I'm sorry, here is a more complete code snip to illustrate my
problem:

sqlite3 * db;
rc = sqlite3_open("test.db", &db);
if(rc) {
  fprintf(stderr, "Can't open database: %s\n", sqlite3_errmsg(db));
  exit(1);
}
rc = sqlite3_exec(db, "update usertable set last_access = 1234 where
id_user = 1234", 0, 0, 0);

rc is 14 after these lines. As I said, I can do all kind of "Select"
Queries from the database in the very same program without any problems.

The Query "select id_user, last_access from usertable" returns
id_user = 1234 and last_access = 1128425315, so the table and the
columns exist - the update statement just does not get executed.