> Look I'm certain you mean well, but the rest of us are pretty busy
using
> one of the best small footprint databases on the planet.  That means
we
> are way too busy to nit-pic a good product to pieces, just because it
> won't compile clean using Mickeysoft's latest and greatest.

It's not a "nit-pic[sic]" when one's compiler (and I saw no mention of
the compiler vendor in the original poster's note, but I don't have the
start of the thread) issues a warning about potentially unsafe
behaviour.  There's a reason those warnings are issued.  Such issues can
cause hard to find problems in programs.  Code review is a valuable tool
in software development.

I believe the original poster's intent was to note that if an implicit
conversion is correct for that section of code, then what is the
down-side of changing those to explicit casts?  I'm aware that the time
spent chasing them down and analyzing each one is a major task, but I
get the impression that the OP doesn't feel qualified to make those
changes, otherwise he would have tackled it.

I believe he intended to bring the subject to the attention of DRH, in
case these are actual problems, not to "whine" about the code base.

> us all, and won't come off as such an irritating whiner.

As opposed to...?

Brad