Cariotoglou Mike said:

> a crappy .H file. these people (c programmers) live in wasteland, I
> really admire them for the constructive way they use header files,
> include files, defines,  make files, configure files and what not,and
> still manage to write code that is write-once, compile everywhere. this
> is something not easily achieved, given the tools they have to work
> with. otoh, I live in delphi land from day 1, and I *know* what they are
> missing...

As somebody who lives in both worlds, C land isn't such a bad place.  It's
a little like the difference between driving a nice comfortable Ford
Taurus (Delphi) and a BMW Z3 with a stick shift (if you haven't done it,
do: you probably never realized that driving could be so fun).  I like
driving both.  But there are certain situations where one is a lot better
than the other, as I'm sure you're aware.

Clay Dowling
--
Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com