Hi,

Is there anyway to get Sqlite to add 'quotes' around text strings when it is
returning data from a select command?

For example:

I have a table called table0 which is created using
CREATE TABLE table0 (col1 INTEGER, col2 TEXT, col3 INTEGER);

I have a row in the table
1|this is a text string|2

Now to insert that I need something like:
INSERT INTO table0 values(1,'this is a text string',2);

When I go to retrieve this data using
SELECT * from table0;
I get:
1|this is a text string|2
Which I suppose is correct. But what happens if I want to put this row into
another table???  I need to parse it and add in the quotes (' ') around the
text string??

The problem I have is that I retrieve data from a remote database then pass
over a network to be received and placed into a local table. OF course I get
an error because Sqlite complains about the string.

Can anyone help with this problem???

Thanks in advance.
R.