john.newby wrote:
> Why users use SQLite instead of other SQL databases?
> Would a GUI detract users from using SQLite?

I use SQLite as an embedded database for my content management system
CeaMuS (http://www.ceamus.com).  I use it because it allows me to
distribute an application that takes full advantage of a relational
database, but doesn't require any setup for the user.  It lets my app be
completely dependency free.

A GUI is completely irrelevant to me.  I need it in the way that a fish
needs a unicycle.  That said, I'm not Joe User.  I do know of users who
are not programmers who like the concept of SQLite.  For them a GUI
would be a most advantageous thing.

You should keep in mind though that in this case you suffer from Prior
Art.  Others have already put GUIs on SQLite.  At U.S. institutions at
least students are required to do some completely original work for the
dissertation.  It would seem then that you have another hurdle to cross:
 you application can't be just a GUI, it has to enable features that no
other GUI has allowed for users of SQLite.

Maybe an access-like interface that makes it easy to design forms and
reports?  I haven't done a full literature search on this matter so I
can't really say that this would be breaking new ground.

Clay Dowling