On 1/14/06, michael munson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm a bit new to SQL and SQLite so pardon me if I ask silly questions but I
> have run into a bit of a wall while attempting to design a database for a C++
> program I am attempting to write.
>
> The needs of the database are to: represent an object oriented hierarchy of
> any number of objects, where each object may have custom properties of
> several different datatypes and permission bits.

What about defining a table called 'properties'. It would have a key
to link to the object and 'name' and 'value' column for each object
property. You could have as many properties as desired for each object
and they need not be the same for each object.

I do wonder the same thing as another poster. Is a database really the
tool you want
to be using for this? I can't imagine what you really need with a
database for that
application.