Hello, I was thinking about a trick that I once used with an Oracle database.
To speed up a data transfer from one database to another, I put the redo log
files on a RAM disk. I was severely flamed for this unresponsible suggestion
but it made things quicker. Later I learned that there exists also a hidden
Oracle parameter to disable logging and get the same speed-up (and crash the
system sooner or later). With sqlite :memory: databases things may be
different, as a memory database is volatile anyway. Now if you use a regular
file database but place this file on a RAM disk, you get a sort of a memory
database. It must be less efficient as a true :memory: db, but at least there
is no Disk wait time. And: it can be accessed from outside, which is why you
might do this. Admittedly, this is a not so straightforward work-around and I
would also prefer a solution within Sqlite. But this seems hard to make. Edzard
Pasma.