yklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I recompiled sqlite (3.2.7) source in RedHat 9 (I upgrade kernel to
> 2.4.31).  After all, "make test" reports lock test failed, why ? Is
> there any option in kernel need to turn on ? Do anyone have the same
> problem ?

There are bugs in the way pthreads is implemented in
Linux 2.4.x and RedHat9.  These bugs cause problems
for SQLite when used in multi-threaded applications.
Various versions of SQLite attempt to work around
those bugs, with varying degrees of success.  As far
as I know, the latest versions of SQLite work (but
I do not have RedHat9 to know for sure.) I would
suggest that you upgrade.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>