Helmut Tschemernjak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The current lock offset will not allow to copy open DB files if the
> database gets larger than 0x40000000 bytes. This is because locked
> regions cannot be copied under Windows, we changed it to:
>
> #define PENDING_BYTE      I64CONST(0x7fffffffffff0000)
> #define RESERVED_BYTE     I64CONST(0x7fffffffffff0001)
> #define SHARED_FIRST      I64CONST(0x7fffffffffff0002)

You are, of course, free to changes SQLite in any way you want
for your own use.  But this change cannot be made in the official
SQLite implementation for two reasons:  (1)  It would break
backwards compatibility.  (2) It will not work on systems that
do not support large files (file bigger than 2GiB) such as many
old Unix implementations and Win95.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>