Hi Jay,
Thanks for your reply. I don't think I can use the attach statement. I thot
attach statement can combine different databases, but not on a database with
a single table. I think at best it could split a large db file by splitting
the tables within the database (if there are multiple tables).

I would be nice if sqlite implement the underlying file engine not with a
single file, but optionally with a different engine which is implemented by
multiple smaller files (by filesize). This might help the underlying OS to
manage file caches better, IMO.

Thanks,
Eric

On 5/3/06, Jay Sprenkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/2/06, E Tse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wish sqlite can be enhanced to represent itself as a collection of
files,

See the database 'attach' statement
http://sqlite.org/lang_attach.html
.