Noel Frankinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > You might want to take a look at DRH's proposal,
> > http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=VirtualTables
> > which looks like it would make it easier for the R community to
> > implement the sort of interface you're talking about.
>
> I've read the proposed virtualTable schema.
> Mr Hipp could you elaborate on how you envision spatial indexing ?

I've not thought about it.  The VirtualTable proposal was
developped to support full-text search and as something to
replace the (goofy) pragmas currently used to find schema
information.  I would imagine that virtualtables would also
be useful for spatial indexing, but I have not looked closely
into the matter.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>