Bill King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Manzoor Ilahi Tamimy wrote:
>
>> We are Using SQLite for one of our project.
>>
>>The Database Size is  more than 500 MB.
>>It contain one table and about 10 million Records.

> Err, for that size, I'd recommend going something heavier, like
> firebird. This is not sqlite's solution domain in the slightest.

I'd have to differ on opinion here.  I have an sqlite database that's at 6.9GB
with about 40 million records, and it's working just fine.  My query speed has
not changed substantially as the database has grown.

With sqlite, you *do* need to hand-optimize your queries.  Determine which
queries are slow, and consider splitting them into multiple queries which
generate temporary tables.  By doing this, you can create indexes, as
appropriate, on the temporary tables that make the overall time to accomplish
your goal much less than cramming it all into a single query that is not so
highly optimized.

Oh, and I'm using the old sqlite 2.8 series.  I expect I'd be getting even
better speed if I used the newer 3 series.

Cheers,

Derrell