Thanks Gerry,
My strings are normal filenames with their paths, so as you can see there arent many characters that would ruin my day, however you're right about the ' char.

I'll make my own quote(); routine and then I'll compare with the SQLite one by doing a small benchmark, see whats best for my case. I guess mine will win since I'll be able to make a macro in ASM. Instead of a DLL call, etc. Just by having the proc call, we lose cycles.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Snyder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Syntax Errors with various strings?

Gussimulator wrote:
Thanks Christian, I'll give it a shot later.
Just because using quotation marks (did a quick macro that adds them to my string) did the job, doesnt mean its a better solution than this one.

In particular, if your strings include the ' character, you will need to double it (make it '' ) somehow, and the quote() function will take care of this, as well as enclosing the string in quotation marks.

Gerry