Martin Pfeifle wrote:
could you please shortly outline the differences between your jdbc driver
and the one developed by Christian Werner?

I haven't looked too closely at the other driver, but from what I have
seen, it is designed to work with the old callback exec() functions,
so it supports SQLite 2, but is probably slower.

I've gone for simplicity with this one. This driver has a lot less
code in it. There is a single .c file:

http://java.zentus.com/src/sqlitejdbc/src/org/sqlite/DB.java
http://java.zentus.com/src/sqlitejdbc/src/org/sqlite/DB.c

which basically maps the C functions into Java. The JDBC
implementation just calls these functions as appropriate.

I also put a lot of effort into making binaries, so it is easy to use.
Compiling JNI libraries for different platforms is a bit of a pain.