On 8/21/06, Laura Longo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm a software developer and I'm using sqlite3 for my application in c++. This
is the problem I've found:
two processes do queries (about 1 query per second) on one database; the
'select' queries don't have any problem, while 'update' queries find problems
after 1 or 2 days that the processes are running. In fact, generally the
'update' queries begin to fail with the exit code 5 (database locked) with
sqlite3_get_table(), while the 'select' queries are ok. If I stop and restart
one of the two processes, this process does for some days all the queries in
the right way and then begins again to give problems, while the other continues
to return 'database locked' error.
I don't understand the problem... Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help
me?

Are you checking for database locked return codes and retrying the
operation (on updates)?

--
SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com