thanks !

"some kind" of SourceFourge is already available: you can download the source :-) do you know how to create a project on sourcefourge ? until now i've downloaded only ...
but i think it will take 1 or 2 weeks (i've not much time now...)

cu, gg

Raymond Irving schrieb:
Very nice indeed. Any chance we will see some kind of
SourceFourge opening soon? Maybe after adding docs and
multithreading capabilities?

__
Raymond Irving

--- Günter Greschenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi raymond,

your idea of including other files is already done.
there is a function "script" (see "gas,js") which
includes other files. that how i want to support different "applications". on example is "notes". in "apps/notes.js" i implemented the ajax backend, in "www/Notes/*" i implemented the frontend.

the part you've written about loading xml files
(contacts.xml) is solved like this (again, see gas.js):
    var config = new XML(new
File("server.xml").read());
    print(config.port+"\n");

a simple scheduler is also already implemented
(again, see gas,js :-):
    // print "from timer" to console in 10 secs
    addTimer(10, "print('from timer\\n');");

i also implemented a database sample for directly
editing databases via the browser (see SQLiteBrowser in the source zip). but its still not finished (only running in MSIE correctly !)
there you can play with databases: select a database
/ select a table / edit values just with a dblclick, change the value,
hit return...

cu, gg

Raymond Irving schrieb:
This is very very sweet :)

Many thanks for sharing Greschenz. I would love to
see
this project mature. Maybe something like a
ThinClient
webserver with Javascript as the backend so we
could
write lovely web apps with AJAX support that
offers
database like features? Could it also run on
Thinstation with some attached storage? Wow!
Here's some other ideas:

* Make it possible to include external classes or
files, for example include('myclass.jsp')
* add some build it object to make it easier to do
stuff inside the server. Example Mail, File,
Scheduler
var mail = new Mail()
mail.to = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
mail.from = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
mail.subject = 'Hello';
mail.send()

var f = new File('contacts.xml');
var xml = f.readAll();

var sch = new Scheduler();
if(!sch.exists('MyImporter')) {
   sch.setName('MyImporter');
   sch.setInterval(30); // every 30 minutes
   sch.execute('imports.jsp');
   sch.save();
}

Just my 2 cents.
__
Raymond Irving

__
Raymond Irving

--- Günter Greschenz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

the reasons why i did this:
1) i wanted to have a simple webserver to get my
son
involved in programming an online game, and he knows already
little bit javascript
2) my hobby is programming in c++ and javascript,
but at work i have to code in c#, so i just wanted to have some fun :-)

i think its no a new idea, ive seen some
webservers
using javascript as backend language, but everything i found was to complicated to install/use or to complicated to port to a new hw-platform (i want to run it on my linksys-nslu2 with ftpd to my
topfield
hd-vcr to program the recordings via web).
and i like sqlite very much and no webserver i
found
had this combination.
if you look at my code, you see that i just use
*) sqlite
*) the javascript-engine from mozilla (very
advanced: js v1.7 including xml support...),
*) some glue code to access sqlite and a simple
http
server from js (only one file: gas.cpp)

the trick between js and sqlite is like yours:
every
sql statement executed returns a 2-dim array...
one thing is maybe iteresting: the class
"DBItem".
its a kind of (very simple) or-mapper.
it maps the properties of a javascript-object to
the
columns of a table. here is a code example:

    var db = new Database("user.sdb");
    db.exec("create table if not exists user (id
integer primary key autoincrement, name varchar unique, pwd varchar,
test varchar)");
    var user = new DBItem(db, "user");
    user._name = "Guenter";
    user._pwd = "FooBar1234567890";
    user._test = "blubb";
    user.flush();
    var id = user._id;
    var user = new DBItem(db, "user", id);
    print("name="+user._name+"\n");
    //db.exec("delete from user where id="+id);

if you are still curious (or anyone else ?), i
can
send you the actual source by mail. :-)

btw: i had a look into your http-source: looks
nice,
but its maybe to complicated to implement my features like
http-multipart-posts.

cu, gg

John Stanton schrieb:
The multi-threaded application/www server I
described requires no
threading involvement from the application
programmer. That
programmer uses SQL, HTML, Javascript and the
application language we
call MUV. Think about it, when you use Apache
you
don't have to be
aware of its internal threading.

The only significant synchronisation element is
do with multiple
users of Sqlite, and that is handled
transparently
to the application