Could be an FTP in ASCII mode copy problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Rob Coenen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

yes that is what I tried; I did use sqlite3
does not work. Any known problems on moving db files from Win to Linux?

SQLite database files are cross-platform.  They work on linux,
windows, mac, various embedded platforms, etc.  Byte order does
not matter either.

Perhaps the file was corrupted by whatever utility you used to "move" it from win to Linux? Perhaps \n got converted to \r\n or something. Can you compare the md5 checksum of the file before and after moving it?

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>