When querying multiple tables I was relying on SQLite to return the
column names with the table name/designator prepended to it.  The
following works in 2.x but not in 3.x:

SQLite version 2.8.17
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> .header on
sqlite> SELECT E.*, P.Name FROM Edition AS E, Publisher AS P WHERE E.GameID =
126 AND E.PublisherID = P.PublisherID ORDER BY E.Name, E.EditionID;
E.EditionID|E.GameID|E.Name|E.PublisherID|E.Own|P.Name
130|126|Roads & Boats|46||Splotter Spellen

SQLite version 3.3.3
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> .header on
sqlite> SELECT E.*, P.Name FROM Edition AS E, Publisher AS P WHERE E.GameID =
126 AND E.PublisherID = P.PublisherID ORDER BY E.Name, E.EditionID;
EditionID|GameID|Name|PublisherID|Own|Name
130|126|Roads & Boats|46||Splotter Spellen

This is reflected in my Perl program, where my scripts are now broken
after upgrading to a new version of SQLite, as I am looking for data
in E.Name and P.Name, and finding neither (in fact, I have no value
for Name returned at all).  Is there any way to get the old behavior
back?  Is there some other work-around?

--
Regards,

joe