I'm sorry im not fluent in sqlite enough to recommend you anything regarding the subject, however as I read " virtual " I think you meant DYNAMIC!.

Using the right word/s ''sometimes'' helps, with this kind of things though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ohad Eder-Pressman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 11:43 AM
Subject: [sqlite] can i dynamically move backward and forward in a record-set ?

after a query i get back the result set.
it looks like i can only do a 'step' to move one record forward.
is there any way i can move back and forward to any index i like ?

i am displaying the results of a query that can reach tens of thousands of
item.
i want to do it all virtual, so that when user jumps with the scroll-bar to
item 10,523 i tell the record-set to move to that location.

my other option is to cache it myself, but i'll leave that as a last resort.