maybe this will help, maybe not...

snowcrash+sqlite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On my system (which is generic as far as I know) this runs
> > to completion without any errors.
> > I'm not sure what the difference is.
>
> tbh, i have _no_ concrete idea either as to why you are NOT seeing
> these issues on your MacBook :-/

FWIW, my MacBook has nothing special installed.  The "About This Mac"
dialog box says "Mac OS X Version 10.4.8.  2GHz Intel Core Duo".  I
searched through the Makefile that configure generated and there was
no sign of a -static flag anywhere.  "gcc -v" says version 4.0.1,
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 5250).  I'm really curious to know why
it works and nobody elses does.

Lucknow:~/Projects/sqlite-3.3.8 punkish$ gcc -v
..
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5363)

I don't have any -static flag in my generated Makefile as well, and I
have had no problem with any of the tests iirc. Everything fancily
works.

Macbook Pro Intel Core2 Duo 2.33 GHz.

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/