Hello dear sqlite users,
Hello dr. Hipp,

I'm trying to create a user-defined function having the name LEFT but that does not seem to work (I get an sql parsing error). All is fine if I rename it to STRLEFT, but I'd stick to the first one since I'd like to add some compatibility with other db engines.

I understand there are a number of keywords which sqlite uses, but according to http://www.sqlite.org/lang_keywords.html, these keywords cannot be used as 'names of tables, indices, columns, or databases'. Function names are not included here.

So, is there a way to do it, not possible or is it a bug somewhere in the parser?

Thanks.