Nitin Kashyap wrote:
I have tried to verify for any test artifact as suggested by you; but still
the result were same.
Requesting for further guidance as to what can cause the slow responnce from
SQLite3 compared
to SQLite2.

Also, I had sent the snippet from the test driver in previous posts, which
can be used to derive
observation at your end, which I'm sure will concure with mine.

Nitin,

Can you supply the complete source for your test application, rather than just the snippets posted earlier? I would like to review your tests to see why this is happening.

One thing I noticed is the queries you posted are sorting the results since there is no suitable index, which means that sqlite is building temporary tables in memory prior to sorting. It is known that in memory tables have slowed down in sqlite3 since they have been merged with the normal disk based table handling code (in sqlite2 they were handled with special in memory tree code). This may be the cause of part of your speed difference.

Dennis Cote