It would appear that SQLite supports indexing every data type.  What would
the efficienty of the index by if I indexed a binary data column?

Similarly, if I wanted to have a datatype which was the equivalent of "RAW"
(non-interpreted text), it would appear I want to create a database using
UTF-8 encoding and then just be blissfully innocent about whether my data is
a valid UTF-8 encoding, or would sqlite try to interpret the data and
complain if the encoding resulted in invalid characters?

I'm looking at needing fast access based on hash values, which I could, of
course, merely store as hexadecimal character text values, but I'd prefer to
save both disk and memory by using the raw bytes version of the hash value.

Thanks in advance .

best regards,
andy