<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm _guessing_ this is a file corruption issue (trying to find
> out if there was a power outage, etc).   I _think_ (still verifying)
> that "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF;" was set, so if it is corrupted,
> I'll have to accept that it was my fault.
>
> Is there anything I can do to fix this or prevent it (other than
> changing PRAGMA synchronous) in the future?

If you have synchronous=OFF and you lose power during or
shortly after a commit, your database will get corrupted.
Why?  Because some but not all of the changes you made will
have made it to the disk while others where still lingering
in the operating systems write cache.

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>