I've worked this issue with FTS1 and FTS2 and they both have the same problem.

For the trigger, the data is not available in the trigger because the data that would be inserted into the FTS on the trigger is not part of the insert for the master table. Thus it is not available on the trigger.

-PQ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel R. Neff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 6:01 AM
Subject: RE: [sqlite] Master table with child FTS table

Might I suggest trying the exact same scenario with FTS1 instead of FTS2?
It won't help solve the problem directly but if it works with FTS1 then it
identifies where the problem is--your code or the FTS code.

Also the same scenario can be tried with plain tables instead of FTS at all,
again just to identify if the problem is in the triggers or in FTS.

Specifically for insert triggers, why is the data not available?  When
experimenting with FTS I created tables and insert triggers to keep them in
sync and the inserts had full data available, even the SQLite generated
primary key.

HTH,

Sam

We're Hiring! Seeking a passionate developer to join our team building
products. Position is in the Washington D.C. metro area. If interested
contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]