Hey all,

On sqlite 3.3.12, I see the following:

create table test_in (data text, ordinal text);

insert into test_in values ('foo', '0');
insert into test_in values ('bar', '1');
insert into test_in values ('baz', '2');

Running:

select count(1) from test_in where ordinal in (select ordinal from test_in);

returns "3" as expected.  However, if I add an order by to the subquery:

select count(1) from test_in where ordinal in (select ordinal from
test_in order by ordinal);

this returns "0".  But note that this works:

select count(1) from test_in where rowid in (select rowid from test_in
order by ordinal);

My actual use case needs the "order by" in the subquery since I also
add a "limit 1" clause.

Is there something I am doing wrong here?

cheers,
-steve