Absolutely but it seems like duplicate effort if sqlite already has the info.
Any guess if this is a big deal to put into the source?

Igor Tandetnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Mike Johnston
wrote:
> While using sqlite3_step(), is there a clean easy way to retrieve the
> data by column name instead of by ordinal?  I know I can convert an
> ordinal to a column name but not the other way around.

You can enumerate all columns, retrieve the name of each, and find the
one you want. You only need to do this once after the statement is
prepared: after that, you can use the ordinal you've found.

Igor Tandetnik